Orlando Durable Medical Equipment Fraud Defense
Assistance in Health Care Fraud Charges
In recent years, the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has undertaken an aggressive campaign to end healthcare fraud committed by durable medical equipment (DME) companies. In the state of Florida healthcare fraud is a high priority for government prosecutors. A Medicare Fraud Strike Force was formed in 2007 to investigate and prosecute DME suppliers and clinics suspected of fraud for Medicare overpayments.
The Orlando criminal defense attorneys at the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., defend business owners, employees, and others charged with Medicare fraud, Medicaid fraud, or private insurance fraud in south Florida, central Florida, and select jurisdictions around the U.S.
Mark Horwitz and Vince Citro are certified criminal trial specialists with more than 45 years of combined courtroom experience. To speak to a member of our team, contact us online or call our Orlando office at (407) 901-5852.
Defense on all DME Fraud Charges
We defend clients facing charges for:
- Conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government
- Theft, healthcare fraudulent claims, identity theft,
- Kickbacks (offering people money or promotional gifts if they will take a "free" medical exam then prescribing a DME that they do not need)
- Soliciting or accepting kickbacks from co-conspirator companies (home healthcare provider, pharmacy) for referring patients to them
Durable medical equipment companies face fraud charges relating to products such as wheelchairs and motorized scooters, walkers, hospital beds, oxygen, dialysis equipment, diabetic equipment, diabetic shoes, body braces and canes, body jackets, and incontinence supplies.
These products are involved in several types of DME fraud:
- Providing products that were not medically necessary (such as HIV infusion therapy)
- Providing durable medical equipment that was not ordered by a doctor
- Not providing the durable medical product that was billed
- Managing a dummy DME company making fraudulent claims to Medicare or Medicaid or private insurance companies using stolen social security numbers and physician provider numbers
Contact an Orlando Fraudulent Billing Defense Lawyer
At the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., we get involved at the earliest stage, during audits and investigations, in order to help clients avoid criminal charges, legal complications, and heavy penalties. If we cannot prevent criminal indictments, we are prepared to vigorously defend our clients in court.
To schedule a confidential consultation to discuss your case, call (407) 901-5852.
Fraud Investigation No Charges Filed
Domestic Violence Case Dropped
Disgorgement of Income Avoided an $11 Million Judgement
SEC Insider Trading Fraud Case No Jail Time
Success in Juvenile Court Probation
Insurance Fraud Deferred Prosecution Agreement
Financial Recovery for a Crime Victim Recovered Funds
Firing a Deadly Missile and Battery All Charges Dropped
Tax Fraud Not Guilty
First-degree Murder Trial No Jail Time