Orlando Lawyer Providing Legal Counsel During Investigations
Let Us Help You. Call (407) 901-5852 Now.
Any criminal investigation or administrative audit should be taken seriously. Many people make the mistake of believing that an investigation will turn up no wrongdoing, and therefore conclude that they do not need to contact an attorney "yet."
However, in the process of giving interviews, sending written responses, or displaying potential evidence, they unwittingly get themselves into hot water. They apparently do not realize the criminal potential in their financial or drug-related investigation. Consequences can be severe and much more costly in the long run than some targeted legal advice at the outset.
Avoid committing irreversible errors when you respond to investigators of any kind. They may want to meet with you, ask you questions, examine financial records or gather names and contact information of other people involved. You may receive a letter from an IRS agent asking for financial records from several years ago, or a member of your local police department, asking you to bring your computer hard drive to the police station. You may feel unprepared and wonder what to say.
Act Quickly to Protect Your Rights
Don't take long to decide what to do if you are under investigation for any crime. Talk to an Orlando criminal defense attorney at the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A.
We will advise you on things to avoid and things to do while an investigation is underway, such as the following:
- Do not give more information than you are asked for.
- Do not make false statements. You could be guilty of perjury if you do.
- Do not admit wrongdoing. An investigation is not a courtroom.
- Consult with an Orlando lawyer before talking to any investigator.
- Do not commit or omit any actions that could lead to accusations of obstruction of justice.
- Beware detailed regulations in business, healthcare, or finance industries that may be applied to your case. There is no substitute for an Orlando defense attorney who is well versed in the field of inquiry that you are being subjected to.
Experienced Representation in Florida
Our attorneys use aggressive and effective defense strategies to minimize the negative impact of evidence, charges, and penalties. For thorough criminal defense representation, contact the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., in Orlando, Florida. Call our law office at (407) 901-5852.
Fraud Investigation No Charges Filed
Domestic Violence Case Dropped
Disgorgement of Income Avoided an $11 Million Judgement
SEC Insider Trading Fraud Case No Jail Time
Insurance Fraud Deferred Prosecution Agreement
Success in Juvenile Court Probation
Financial Recovery for a Crime Victim Recovered Funds
Firing a Deadly Missile and Battery All Charges Dropped
Tax Fraud Not Guilty
First-degree Murder Trial No Jail Time