Orlando Internet Sex Crimes Defense Lawyers
Our Office Provides In-Depth Guidance for Serious Charges
Internet sex crimes have been on the rise over the past decade and law enforcement officers have responded. Local, state, and federal law enforcement officers now aggressively investigate people suspected of internet sex crimes.
If you are reading this page, you or a loved one has probably been arrested for an internet sex crime:
- Have you been arrested because you have been accused of soliciting a minor over the Internet?
- Did police find evidence of child pornography on your computer?
- Have you been arrested after sending adult-oriented pictures to a minor?
- Were you arrested after being accused of communicating via the internet with an undercover agent who posed as a minor?
- Have you been arrested after taking your computer in to be repaired because the technician found child pornography on the hard drive and called police?
If you have been arrested for a sex crime, contact the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., in Orlando, Florida. If you have been questioned by the police, contact us immediately to avoid saying anything that could damage your case.
Protect Your Rights
If you are a suspect in an ongoing sex crime investigation, it is important that you understand that the police are trying to build a case against you. Anything you say to a law enforcement officer could potentially be used against you.
Recent case law suggests that the police may make misleading statements to suspects to obtain a conviction. For example, the police may lie to you about the age of legal consent. Another law enforcement tactic is to allege forcible rape in the hope that a suspect admits to the crime of statutory rape (consensual sex with a minor). Some defendants have made what amounts to a full confession without even knowing it.
The Attorney You Choose Makes a Difference
If convicted of a sex crime, you face significant criminal and civil penalties. Depending on the nature of your charges, you could be facing the possibility of a mandatory prison sentence, court-ordered sex offender treatment and registration as a sex offender. With so much at stake, you need a strong advocate who will aggressively defend your rights.
You will receive the zealous defense you need as a client of our firm. Orlando criminal defense attorney Mark Horwitz is a former federal prosecutor who has been practicing in criminal defense for more than 30 years. He has been recognized as a Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Trial Law by the Florida Bar since 1988 and recognized by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as Board Certified in Criminal Trial Advocacy since 1983. He has been listed in Super Lawyers® Magazine on numerous occasions and has been listed for recognition in Best Lawyers in America.
If retained as your defense counsel, we will hold the prosecution to their burden of proof. There are a number of ways that we can make a positive difference in your case:
- We will seek the suppression of evidence obtained in violation of your constitutional rights, including any evidence obtained when the police searched your home or seized your computer. Even if the police had a search warrant, the evidence may possibly be subject to suppression if the police searched beyond the scope of the search warrant or the warrant was not supported by probable cause.
- We will analyze the facts of your case to determine if entrapment is a possible defense, especially if you were the target of an undercover Internet sting operation.
- We can seek a dismissal of charges not supported by probable cause.
- We can fight your charges at trial and seek an acquittal.
- We can seek a plea agreement on your behalf that may significantly decrease the penalties you might otherwise face if convicted of an Internet sex crime.
We understand that the outcome of your case will have a profound impact on you and your family. You can rely on our dedicated Orlando criminal defense lawyers to work diligently on your behalf in pursuit of the best possible outcome.
Contact Our Orlando Internet Sex Crimes Defense Attorneys
To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our Orlando internet sex crimes defense attorneys, call (407) 901-5852. You may also contact us by e-mail.
Fraud Investigation No Charges Filed
Domestic Violence Case Dropped
Disgorgement of Income Avoided an $11 Million Judgement
SEC Insider Trading Fraud Case No Jail Time
Success in Juvenile Court Probation
Insurance Fraud Deferred Prosecution Agreement
Financial Recovery for a Crime Victim Recovered Funds
Firing a Deadly Missile and Battery All Charges Dropped
Tax Fraud Not Guilty
First-degree Murder Trial No Jail Time