Orlando Public Corruption Attorney
Face Charges of Bribery? Call (407) 901-5852.
Sometimes public corruption cases make the news or are described on public websites.
To cite a few examples from 2019, listed on irs.gov:
- Two county commissioners accepted more than $4 million in bribes to create favorable conditions for 3 construction companies, including awarding a contract for more than $38.5 million in construction services to rehabilitate a water treatment plant.
- A county treasurer was caught writing more than $160,000 in checks to herself by forging the signatures of other employees, then attempting to hide her actions by altering official financial documents and asking that evidentiary bank statements not include images of the checks in question.
- A state district judge accepted thousands of dollars in cash bribes “in exchange for agreeing to release three of [an] attorney’s clients on bond.” Once the judge learned of the investigation against him, he attempted to contact the bribing attorney in order to agree on a false story.
- The father of a political candidate illegally contributed funds to his daughter’s campaign through obtaining unlawful corporate contributions, then misrepresenting those contributions as necessary service expenses.
Each of these individuals was sentenced to prison and penalized with large fines. Each lost his or her career and presumably experienced great personal losses as well. If you are in a position of public trust and have been charged with any form of public corruption, you should choose an Orlando criminal defense lawyer with ample experience handling public corruption cases.
Ready to Assist in Public Corruption Cases
You may be charged with one or more of the following varieties of public corruption:
- Kickbacks in exchange for favorable treatment by a government entity
- Embezzlement of government funds
- Accepting bribes or gratuities in exchange for zoning changes or other official favors
Contact an Orlando public corruption lawyer while your case is still under investigation. Call or e-mail the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., to schedule a consultation with a defense lawyer from our experienced Orlando area extortion law firm.
Our Florida white-collar crime attorneys defend clients in Florida circuit and appellate courts, and U.S. federal district courts, courts of appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court. In many cases, we endeavor to prevent investigations from resulting in arrests and if that is not possible, to vigorously defend our client at trial.
Contact an Experienced Bribery Attorney
Our Orlando white-collar crimes attorneys use aggressive and effective defense strategies to minimize the negative impact of public corruption charges.
For thorough criminal defense representation, contact the Law Offices of Horwitz & Citro, P.A., in Orlando, Florida. Call our law office at (407) 901-5852.
Fraud Investigation No Charges Filed
Domestic Violence Case Dropped
Disgorgement of Income Avoided an $11 Million Judgement
SEC Insider Trading Fraud Case No Jail Time
Success in Juvenile Court Probation
Insurance Fraud Deferred Prosecution Agreement
Financial Recovery for a Crime Victim Recovered Funds
Firing a Deadly Missile and Battery All Charges Dropped
Tax Fraud Not Guilty
First-degree Murder Trial No Jail Time